Sunday, January 24, 2016

Snow!

The worst thing about living up North was by far the snow! I like warm weather and cannot stand the freezing cold, but nothing makes it worse than snow. Sure it's pretty to look at and Southerners are always in awe when they get to see it but for people who have actually lived in states where it snows there is nothing fun about being trapped in your house, having to shovel inches of snow and hoping that the roads have been plowed so you can make it to work or school. Driving in snow is one of the scariest things you can do. This week the North is expecting a snow storm that could bring two feet of snow. People are going to be up to their knees in snow. This brings me back to my decision to attend college in Florida. Friends always ask me why I chose the University of Florida and I tell them plain and simple, "I hate the snow." Okay, maybe other factors contributed to the decision but the weather definitely played a part. I asked my family to send me a picture of the snow so far and they sent me these photos:
The cars are literally buried in snow. They would not even step outside to take the picture because they would just sink in the snow. I am grateful for the lack of snow in Florida, although it's still cold it's nice to know I don't have to shovel 2 feet of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment