Sunday, January 24, 2016

Brunch

Brunch is the mixture of the words breakfast and lunch and is usually eaten during the late morning. I personally don't often eat breakfast so this trend was foreign to me until I came to Florida. My southern friends love to grab brunch on the weekends after a night of going out or just to catch up. It has actually became a thing for us and many avid brunchers to hit the best brunch places in Gainesville. This weekend my girlfriend and I went to Flying Biscuit. I had never been and I thought the concept was cool. This place is basically built for brunch. They open early in the morning and close at 4. Perfect for serving their brunch lovers. Anyway, I enjoyed one of their classics, "the flying biscuit breakfast" and my girlfriend got the same with a side of grits. Grits are another thing I feel like are very southern. I've heard of them but have never really wanted to try. It seems like every breakfast menu in Gainesville though has cheesy grits as a side. Who knows maybe one day I'll give them a try. Until then I will brunch on.

(Scrambled eggs, chicken sausage, seasoned potatoes and a biscuit on top)
(Delicious mocha coffee)

No comments:

Post a Comment