Monday, February 29, 2016

Southern Hospitality Part 2

This is a continuation of my last blog post...

Another instance where I realized I was no longer in the south and missed the hospitality I was accustomed to took place last winter break. I took the Amtrak home with a very heavy suitcase and a carry-on bag. I was fine getting on the Amtrak with my luggage because the workers helped. Once I got off at my stop in Washington DC 14 hours later, I had to take the metro into Maryland. I traveled by myself and as I mentioned before I had a heavy suitcase. No one offered help (not that I expected them to) but instead they impatiently passed me on the escalator and on the platform. I just thought it was simply rude. Nonetheless I survived and felt accomplished that I could haul all my stuff by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment